Your online security is very important to us. We're constantly enhancing our security, and will continue to update you on any changes.
Our Security Essentials
There are some really simple things you can do to ensure your details are safe and secure online. Take a look through our easy tips to ensure you are using ugandairlines.com safely and securely.
- Passwords are keys; we recommend that you use a different one from any account that you have so that if it ever gets compromised one can never take over or use all your accounts.
- You need to make it strong by using a mix of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters. The longer the password the more effective it is.
- In all cases refrain from using personal information, dictionary words and consecutive numbers as these can easily be guessed.
This internet fraud practice, ‘phishing’, arises where parties illegally gather personal information through deception. For example, fraudsters may pose as a trusted source, for example, Uganda Airlines, and try to get you to divulge your personal details
Whenever you are suspicious or suspect that the mail you have is fraudulent:
- Don’t click on any links or attachments, and check the sender's address.
- Report the phishing email by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All legitimate emails from Uganda Airlines always contain your booking reference and these will never have been sent from a web-based mail server such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. Further at no time will Uganda Airlines, ever request money payments through a third party or promise you any kind of cash reward or prize.
- Neither would Uganda Airlines offer vouchers toward holidays or flights, in exchange for clicking a link and providing personal information.
- When you have finished using an account, remember to log out.
- Install anti-virus software to protect from 'malware' (malicious software).
- Protect your device with a password or PIN.
- Keep your apps up to date.
Importantly we advise that you at all times:
- Look for ‘HTTPS’ at the start of the web address (the ‘s’ stands for secure).
- Check that a padlock is displayed when entering personal or financial information or there is a green bar meaning that the website has a valid security certificate.
- Ensure you have anti-virus protection installed, and that it is up to date.
- Keep your operating system and software up to date as these protect against the latest security threats.
- Protect your computer with a password and keep the password secret.
- Be suspicious if you are offered a deal, service or prize, especially if you are required to make a payment or provide personal details. These are often only available for limited time periods, forcing you to make an instant decision.
- Wi-Fi hotspots in public places are convenient but are often not secure. Most do not encrypt information sent over the Wi-Fi network and might be accessed by someone else. Refrain and if possible, never log in to personal or financial accounts when using public wireless networks.
- Treat your personal information like cash and only provide this information over encrypted websites (look for 'HTTPS' at the beginning of the web address).
Booking online at ugandairlines.com
Uganda Airlines makes every effort to maintain customer confidentiality when securing an online payment. We make this easy convenient and safe. This includes ensuring the security of your credit card details and other personal information.
How we secure your payment information when you book online
We advise that you use Manage My Booking to securely service your booking