Terms and conditions
Agreement between You and Uganda Airlines
Thank you for visiting Uganda Airlines' website www.ugandairlines.com (the "Website"). The website is owned and operated by Uganda National Airlines Company Limited (trading as and hereinafter referred to as "Uganda Airlines") whose principal office is at EagleAir Hangar, Entebbe International Airport, Uganda. Uganda Airlines is a limited company formed by the Government of the Republic of Uganda in January 2018.
For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms and Conditions relate only to your access to and use of the Website, as a guest or registered user, and activity on this Website will also be subject to our Conditions of Carriage. These will apply if you enter into a booking with us
Our Acceptable Use Policy. This sets out the permitted uses and any prohibited activity or use in relation to our Website. When using our Website, you must comply with the Acceptable Use Policy at all times
By using this Website, you unconditionally and irrevocably confirm, agree and accept all of the terms and conditions contained herein and any other legal notices, policies, and guidelines linked to these Terms and Conditions (Agreement).
You represent and warrant that you possess the legal right, are of legal age and hold the capacity to enter into this Agreement. Further, you undertake that you will use this Website only in accordance with the Agreement.
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without advance notice and at our sole discretion. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions shall become effective once posted on the Website and shall supersede all previous terms and conditions posted; however, the changes will not have any retrospective effect on contractual arrangements made through this Website prior to the changes coming into effect.
Your continued use of this Website after any change means that you have irrevocably accepted the amended and/or changed terms and conditions.
This Website is made available to you free of charge. Your access to and use of software and other materials on, though, or in connection with this Website is solely at your own discretion and risk. We make no warranty and/or guarantee whatsoever about the reliability, applicability, operation, stability or virus-free nature of such software or the Website.
We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information provided by us on this Website is accurate. However, we cannot and have not checked the accuracy of the information, content and/ or data provided by external and third-party sources, for example, by the providers of other information, or of other parties linked to or from the Website. You agree and understand that we do not control or manage the content of any third-party websites and as such we cannot comment upon or guarantee the information they are providing. Your use of any third-party links or deviations away from the Website is solely at your own risk.
Commentary and other materials posted on this Website are not intended to amount to advice or guidance upon which any reliance should be placed. Therefore, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility whatsoever and howsoever arising from any reliance or guidance placed on such materials or information by any visitor to our Website, or by anyone who may be informed or act upon any of its contents.
We aim to ensure that the availability of the Website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the internet, this cannot be guaranteed.
We reserve the right (and for any reason whatsoever) to withdraw or amend the service(s) we provide on the Website at any time, without notice and at our sole discretion. Also, your access to the Website may occasionally be suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. Although we will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction, we will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Website.
In addition, you are responsible for ensuring all persons accessing the Website through your internet connection and in your home or organization are fully aware of the existence of the Agreement and that they fully comply with it.
We seek to make the Website as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Website, please refer to the Website contact section below.
Account and Passwords
Where you are provided with a user name, code or password or similar information forming part of our security procedures, you must treat this information as confidential at all times and therefore you agree not to disclose it to any third party
We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw or disable any user name, code or password at any time if in our sole opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of the Agreement.
It is your responsibility to notify us if you know or suspect that anyone other than you become aware of your Website user name, code or password and/or any other detail that should be confidential to you. All such notifications must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer of warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, representations, covenants and/or guarantees relating to the information, data, software, applicability, products and/or services contained in this Website. All such information, data, software, applicability, products and/or services are provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, irrespective of jurisdiction.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent that you suffer damages whilst using the Website as a direct result of our negligence, our liability for those damages shall be strictly limited to the price that you have paid to purchase products and/or services on the Website.
However, we will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Website for any other losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits (whether direct or indirect), contracts, business or anticipated savings), any loss of goodwill or reputation or any special, consequential or indirect losses suffered or incurred by you arising out of or in connection with your access to, use and/or availability of the Website.
For the avoidance of doubt, we shall have no liability to you whatsoever for any losses or damages you suffer as a result of accessing a third-party website from our Website.
Liability for carriage by air performed by us shall be governed by the Conditions of Carriage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, mobile communication device, applications, computer programmes, data or any other material, due to your use of the Website or downloading any content from it, or any website(s) linked to it.
Nothing in this limitation of liability shall exclude liabilities not permitted to be excluded by applicable law.
As a condition of use of this Website, you agree to hold us harmless and indemnify us from and against any and all liabilities, losses, claims, expenses (including attorney's fees) and damages (whether direct or indirect) arising out or in connection with claims resulting from your use of this Website, including without limitation any claims or losses alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by you of the Agreement.
Links to third-party websites
Although the Website may have links to ‘Preferred Partner’ or third-party websites, these websites are not operated, controlled or maintained by Uganda Airlines. As such, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or reliability of the information, data, products or services provided on such third-party sites nor the security of any information or date you may provide. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement by us.
You assume sole responsibility and risk for use of third-party links and pointers.
Limitations on use
- You agree to use this Website solely to determine the availability of goods and services and make legitimate reservations or transact business with us. You agree to use the website only for personal, non-commercial use and not to make false reservations or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
- We may cancel, without notice and at our sole discretion, all confirmations associated with multiple reservations to one or more destination on or about the same date.
- You agree to not abuse the Website - 'abuse' includes, without limitation, using the Website to:
- Defame, harass, stalk, threaten, abuse or otherwise violate others' rights as defined by any applicable law
- Harm or interfere with the operation of others' computers and software in any respect, including, without limitation, by uploading, downloading or transmitting corrupt files or computer viruses
- Violate applicable intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights, including, without limitation, by uploading, downloading or transmitting materials or software
- Omit or misrepresent the origin of, or rights in, any file you download or upload, including, without limitation, by omitting proprietary language, author identifications, or notices of patent, copyright or trademark
- Transmit, post, or otherwise disclose trade secrets, or other confidential or protected proprietary material or information
- Download or upload files that are unlawful to distribute through the Website;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, including attempting to interfere with the access of any other user, host or network, including without limitation overloading, initiating, propagating
- Participating, directing or attempting any ‘denial-of-service’ attacks, ‘spamming’, ‘crashing’, ‘flooding’ or ‘mail bombing’ the Website
- Direct bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or any other automated process at Uganda Airlines’ computer systems or otherwise, create unreasonable load upon any of Uganda Airlines’ computer hardware, network, storage, input/output or electronic control devices or infrastructure
- Transmit any information or software obtained through the Website, or copy, create, display, distribute, license, perform, publish, recreate, reproduce, sell, or transfer works deriving from the Website
- Cause to appear any pop-up, pop-under, exit windows, expanding buttons, banners, advertisement, or anything else which minimizes, covers, or otherwise inhibits the full display of the Website
- Use the Website in any way which interferes with the normal operation of the Website
- Falsely use a password or personal identification number during logging into the Website, or misrepresent one's identity or authority to act on behalf of another
- Behave or omit to behave in any manner that violates any of these Terms and Conditions
- Since we provide services and products in many parts of the world, this Website (and its links and pointers) may refer to certain goods, products and/or services that are not available in your area. A reference to goods, products and/or services without limiting their geographical scope does not automatically imply that we offer or intend to offer the same in all locations
Uploading Content to the Website
- If you choose to make use of a feature permitting you to upload content to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content requirements and standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You confirm and warrant that any information you upload or that is uploaded on your behalf complies with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of this warranty.
- • Any content you upload will automatically be considered as non-confidential and you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide right and license to use, copy (in whole or in part), adapt, distribute and disclose such content within Uganda Airlines, affiliates and third parties for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, performance of a flight booking, dietary requirements, recruitment/careers, human resources and employment processing and any other purpose for which the content may, at the discretion of Uganda Airlines, have been uploaded. You hereby waive any and all moral rights under applicable law in relation to such content and, to the extent such rights cannot be waived, agree not to assert or enforce such rights against Uganda Airlines, its affiliates nor any third parties.
- We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third parties claiming that any content uploaded or posted by you to our site is a contravention of their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- We will not be liable or responsible to any third party in respect of any content posted by you or any other user of our Website.
- We reserve the right to remove any posts or uploads you make to our Website if, in our sole opinion, your post does not comply with the content requirements and standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Information concerning Uganda Airlines and our services, including flight schedules, routes, fares, text, graphics, button icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations (including customer, recruitment, employment and human resources information and/or data), logos and information regarding the status of our flights shall be referred to as Company Information for the purposes of the Agreement.
- Uganda Airlines owns all intellectual property rights in the Website, its content, materials and in the Company, Information including, but not limited to, any copyright, trademarks, database rights and any and all other rights to and in the Company Information.
- This Website is for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this Website.
- You may print or download one copy of any relevant extracts or pages from our Website for your personal use. You must not amend or modify any paper or digital extracts taken from the Website or use any photographs, video/audio sequences, illustrations, graphics or logos as appear on the Website separately from accompanying text or in any context that differs from that displayed on the Website. Any materials, prints, copies or downloads obtained in breach of this Agreement are not authorized and will lead to the immediate termination of your right to use the Website and you must destroy or return any materials in your possession.
- You agree and undertake that you will not use the Website nor any part of the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license from us to do so. Any license shall be granted in our sole discretion and where we do grant you such a license, your use of the content of our Website you will be subject to the terms of that license.
- Uganda Airlines and any other product or trade names of Uganda National Airline Company Limited referenced herein or connected to the same are our service marks or registered or unregistered service trademarks. You may not, without our prior written consent use, replicate or carry out or omit to carry out any act that may infringe our title and rights to our service marks or trademarks; and your use of the Website by no means grants you any right and/or title to the same.
- Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners and although we have been granted the right to use such trademarks for the Website, your use of the Website by no means affords you any rights or title to any third-party trademarks.
- We will take all reasonable measures to ensure any information you transmit to us using the Website will remain confidential and protected from unauthorized access. However, no warranties are provided in relation to unauthorized access to that information. As such, we will not be liable for any unauthorized access unless such is caused solely by our gross negligence.
- To ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, the Website uses a technology called Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts all communications between your browser and the web server so that the information remains private and integral. A closed lock on the browser window indicates a secure connection. For further information, please consult your browser's security specifications. If your browser is equipped with SSL, your transaction will automatically be secured.
Conditions of carriage
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the conditions of carriage of the carrier concerned. With respect to our flights, please read our general conditions of carriage for passengers and baggage.
Please use the Contact us section of the Website to get in touch with the Uganda Airlines Customer Centre and an agent will assist you with your query.
Web browser compatibility
- Disabling any of these features or using older non-compatible browsers may reduce Website functionality.
- To determine which browser you are running, click on "Help" at the top of the browser and select the "About" menu item that describes your browser.
- Please note that any "Beta" or "Preview" version of a browser may not properly work with these pages.
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Uganda Airlines relating to your use of the Website and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether written or oral), claims, representations and understandings between us regarding such subject matter and the Agreement may not be amended or modified except by making such amendments or modifications available on this Website.
- If any provision or part-provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this Agreement.
- If we choose not to enforce any right that we have against you at any given time, then this does not prevent us from deciding to exercise or enforce that right at a later stage.
- This Agreement is drafted in the English language. Should it be translated into any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
- Any notice given under or in connection with this Agreement shall be in the English language. All other documents provided under or in connection with this agreement shall be in the English language or accompanied by a certified English translation. If such a document is translated into any other language, the English language version shall prevail unless the document is a constitutional, statutory or other official document.
- Except for our group companies, affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right to enforce the terms of this Agreement.
- You may not transfer any of your rights and duties in this Agreement to any other person (this includes, but is not limited to, a transfer by way of assignment or sublicence).
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of Uganda.
Each party agrees that the courts of the Republic of Uganda shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).