Travelling with a baby or toddler?
We’ll try to make your flight as stress-free as possible! We’ve got diapers, baby food, and bassinets on board. Special diaper changing boards are also located in selected toilets. Uganda Airlines makes every effort to ensure your children will have a safe and enjoyable flight. Our well-trained and dedicated Cabin crew are trained to handle kids on board. Please feel free to request for their assistance while onboard.
Please note that if an infant (under 2 years of age) becomes of an age to be considered a child (2-11 years of age) after first travel date, you are required to pay the additional charges and re-issue the ticket through our Call Center or at your nearest ticket office in order to resume the return travel.
Is your child traveling alone?
For a child traveling alone, a journey by air can be quite intimidating.
We at Uganda Airlines take extra care when it comes to unaccompanied minors. It is our greatest pleasure to make sure that they are looked after and happy from the moment they arrive in our care until the moment we reunite them with loved ones.
While under our care, we guarantee constant attention to your child. He/she will have plenty of fun on board with our goody bag of games and activities plus tasty food and refreshments to keep them occupied throughout the flight.
Upon arrival, your child will be met immediately by one of our ground staff and will be escorted through immigration, baggage claim, and customs and will be reunited with you within the arrivals area.
In order to ensure a hassle-free flight, please make sure that your child has all the legal travel documents including passport, visa, health certificate and other necessary documents required.
Obtaining bassinet seats
If you have requested or are planning on requesting a bassinet seat for your infant, here are a few notes that you should take into consideration.
Although bassinets are confirmed at the time of reservation, the decision on providing the bassinet on board shall be made by the operating cabin crew, taking into consideration the laid down safety requirements.
Bassinets are awarded for an infant in the case when the infant in question fulfills the following requirements.
- The infant should not be able to sit up unassisted
- The maximum weight shall not exceed 16kg
- The infant should be above 6 months of age
- An approved car seat is required to secure the infant
- The infant should be able to fit into the bassinet.
- The legs should not be extending out of the bassinet
- When in use, the Infant shall be restrained using the bassinet restraints
- The bassinet shall not be fixed during taxi, take-off, and landing. The infant shall be removed from the bassinet and restrained using a Kangaroo belt or an approved car seat whenever the seat belt sign is illuminated