Ways to pay
Uganda Airline’s highly secure payment platform makes payments simple by allowing you to pay using Credit/Debit cards, mobile payments and cross-border payments.
We accept all card payments, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Paypal. Cross Border mobile money Mpesa, Tigo Pesa, Airtel money, MTN (MTN Zambia, Uganda & Rwanda)
How do we secure online transactions?
Uganda Airlines’ payment gateway partner is PCI-DSS level 1 certified, which means we have the highest security standard in the world. Our fraud prevention system is made of two layers: Cutting edge technology powered by AI and adaptive statistical data, and a manual review of the transactions by our fraud prevention team.
PCI DSS Level 1 certified and Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant ensures that strict governance and data protection policies are in place and enforced systemically. In addition, has in-built encryption, anti-malware to protect credit card data.
Our payment solution will allow for guest to be in full control of their details.
Here are some of our payment options:
Once you've booked your flight online or through our Customer Centre, you can pay quickly and securely using MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
When you pay using a card, you’ll be charged an administration fee for the booking. Uganda Airlines will also ask to see the card at the airport before you board your flight.
- If a credit/debit card has been used to pay on behalf of someone else, we'll need to see a photocopy of the front and back of the credit or debit card and a photocopy of the cardholder's passport at the airport.
- If the passenger is unable to produce the photocopies at the airport, Uganda Airlines will not allow the passenger to travel.
- Credit or debit cards can’t be used to pay on behalf of someone else traveling to or from Somalia or South Sudan.
How it works:
- In this option, during the booking process, the customer will be redirected to a secure payment page and will complete the payment process within this page.
- The customer will be able to pay using any form of payment – cards, mobile, Paypal, QR codes and more
- The whole process will be hosted in a single page and the customer will be able to change their preferred form of payment without any further redirect, all in one page.
- Dynamic currency conversion service is also provided should a client so choose to use the currency of the card’s country of issue. (if different from USD)
- The main advantage of this option: the payment page is a secure page which certified by the highest card industry standards globally: PCI DSS Level 1
If you wish to pay using cash, select the ‘Pay later’ option when you book your flight online or through our Customer Centre. You can pay cash at a Uganda Airlines Office or through one of our payment partners.
- If you’re traveling in Economy Class, your booking will be on hold for 4 hours allowing you time to make the payment. You must pay for your flight within 4 hours.
- If you’re traveling in Business Class, you’ll have 4 hours to make the payment.
- If your flight booking has both Economy and Business Class as part of your trip, you must pay for your flight within 4 hours.